Finding Home

Finding Home
on a journey to know meaning, create stories, and to shine beauty, this is home

29.3.11

Blog, blog, blog...

Oh boy oh boy fun times. I have been thinking a lot these days, you know that's always fun. I haven't come to any conclusions but I just figured I would get some of this out so I can process it better.
My whole life has been a search for meaning don't get me wrong I understand the ultimate meaning for my life I wrote about in my last blog and nothing has changed I am made to glorify God no question about it.
I guess what it all comes down to is my understanding of the gifts and abilities the Lord has given me.
We all have them were are blessed with specific gifts and talents. Some of us are more aware of our gifts and talents then others. I have always believed that we're all gifted with creativity and recently I have been reading a book called the Artist Way that has only affirmed what I have known all along were are all creative, some of us just know it better then others.
Though the book is not a biblical book per-say it really hits the fact that we are created by a creator. A creator, that implies that there is creativity involved, which means that being made in his image we are all creative. I hate it when I hear people say that they aren't creative or that someone else is more creative then them. It's as if they are saying the things that God has given them aren't enough. I'm sure this is nothing new to most people but if we are made in His image aren't we then called to portray all of that including being creative.
I think it is time to stop making excuses and start making art. That's right art, now most people are jumping to the conclusions and thinking in their heads, "I don't paint, I have never been good at drawing, this girls crazy to think I can do art" well your right about one thing I am crazy but not about this matter.
Now we all express ourselves in different ways right, well here is the thought process, we can be creative in all the ways we express ourselves. Just because your creative doesn't mean some one will pay for your creativity. I have drawn picture since I was a little kid and to this day no one has paid for them.
I am not talking about creating revenue off of your creativity, I am talking about being your complete self. I know there are several people who seem to need more in their life or feel as though something is missing even though they have Jesus in their lives. To some this mat sound wrong but I think I can understand that feeling all to well. I think some how we have allowed ourselves to believe that if we have Christ in our lives we only need to express him but really we need to express ourself, the person he has and is making us to be. That will in turn express who He is and people will be drawn to him.
I don't know but I tend to think that we feel this void because we aren't being our whole selves. I think in order to be all we were created to be we need to be creating. We need to find ways to express ourselves so God can be seen.
That could mean picking up a paint brush, or a trumpet. Maybe it means getting out an old sewing machine or a sketch paid. Maybe it means writing a journal or cooking an amazing meal. It could even be finding a fun way to go over the annual budget or coming up with a way to teach children something new. It all looks so different yet it is all so beautiful.

I love seeing how God made us such individuals yet we all if walking with him point people to his glory.

Why aren't you creating? What lies are stopping you?
Where should you be creating?
How can you be creating?

Come on people lets stop making excuses and start making Art!

My thoughts for the day...

2 comments:

  1. I have never had the words for this concept before but I LOVE IT!!! You are so right! The point about being made in the image of God who created us and thus we need to create too is transformational! Oh I just love you! I'm totally going to email this post of your to Adam right now, he will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...I miss you guys, hope I see you at my parents thing!

    ReplyDelete