Finding Home

Finding Home
on a journey to know meaning, create stories, and to shine beauty, this is home

20.10.10

Hawaii 2-0h

So, many of you have been asking for some footage of where I am living and what the church looks like. Well a couple of days ago I was outside hanging out with Crystal and the boys and got this. I hope it gives you a glimpse of where we are at. I will take more footage and get it to you when I have some time.
I hope all is well wherever you are!

here is the video enjoy:    COMING SOON....sorry

This blog was suppose to go up about 3 maybe even 4 weeks ago but for some reason the video will not load, which to my dismay has only caused frustration. Technology = a love + hate relationship, for me. So I will try again and make it smaller to see if that will help it fit :)

As for now I have recently been going over and over in my head what it means to have faith and then what it means to live it out.
I believe that everyone either a follower of Jesus or not has some form of faith. We can believe/ have faith in ourselves, in our material possessions, in our families, in our relationships, in an institution, in $$$ Money $$$, in the idea of something, in freedom, in a system, and the list goes on.

The thing that I have really been trying to drive home is why do we have faith in those things or other things. It seems simple at first because they have been proven to be faithful. So therefore I trust them and I believe they will continue to be trustworthy. But, is that the case. Have I really researched what I have faith in. I have I looked at the history? Do they have a history?

Material Possessions will = work, care, time, $$$, and effort and they still can fail you depending on why you have them.
Families can = betray you, or leave you and history proves it.
Relationships can = heartbreak, loss, abandonment, betrayal, pain, anger, and just flat out issues. I can speak to that for sure.
The Institution (aka the man) can and will = absolute failure due to the greed and self righteous men running it. Look around and you will see it every where.
Money can = selfishness, greed, embellishment, broken relationships, and so on. History has proven this.
Ideas = fill in the blank _____________
Freedom = have we ever really been free?
Systems = failure

Now I know there is a flip side to everyone of these stories and that there are more then just negative views that each one of these carries. However the fact can't be dined that there are negative aspects to all of them.

But when I look at a God who has proven faithful over 1000's of years and has never once not followed through with what he promises. He was there for Adam, Moses, Abraham, David, Ruth, Esther, Job, Mary, the Disciples, and so many others why wouldn't he be here for me?

He has been there for me since I was a little child and he will continue to be here for me because he is a faithful God worthy of my faith, trust, belief and yet understanding of my doubt.


I guess over the past couple weeks I have come to realize that even when my human self can't understand or comprehend how faithful he is, he still is. Even when I doubt because things aren't happening fast enough or the way I want he is still faithful. He was and is and will be faithful to me and to all who are standing by trying to have the faith to believe.

I will always be striving to believe and have faith that is required of me but I do understand that I will fall short, but with all that I am I will pick myself back up again and keep on trying.
BECAUSE HE IF FAITHFUL!!!!

Keep finding your meaning, so you can create your story, to reveal your true beauty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment